Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Credibility of Sources

For my third essay I plan on using a multitude of sources to work from. One of my largest sources is Google Scholar, which I plan on taking submitted articles from and incorporating into my essay by using examples of definitions for torture. I plan on using the information that the site gives me to formulate a strong argumentative paper and thus create my own solid definition by the examples I am given. Some examples on the site that I have found thus far are that torture is defined as “intentional affliction of severe physical suffering” pulled from a book titled Terrorism and Counter Terrorism by Seumas Miller or that torture is “a violation of human rights in general” pulled from an article called The Definition of Torture in International Law by Barry Klayman. These sources are both very credible being that they are both from reliable websites and each author has citations of where he gathered his information. Another big source I intend to use is the class textbook. In the book is a valuable section of chapter 9 dedicated to helping people better formulate definitional arguments and examples from various texts that one can use. The book is credited and all the texts are cited and written by published authors. I also plan on heading to the library and finding some online reserves and books focused on torture. Being that our university library has these sources I know that they are credible and they all have references that can be looked into to find out where information originally came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment